Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Blu-Ray is dying

The sales on the Blu-Ray Players are tanking. Some people thought that when Blu-Ray won the format war, that the sales would sky-rocket. Guess what? Nothing of the sort happened. They thought people would forget about the defects of Blu-Ray and help Sony. The players are too expensive and have 2 major defects to them, just for better resolution.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/05/03/blu-ray-sales-tank-reason

6 comments:

DivingRhino said...

One of the commenters said what I was thinking. The economy is taking a downturn, that's much more likely the cause of people not buying high-end drives that they don't need/only give modest improvement. It's a luxury item few can afford right now.

Most consumers do not do the level of research necessary to even understand that article. Ask, what is "DRM, BD-J" of most people and they will have no idea what you are talking about. They're going to do whatever their not-so-knowledgeable Best Buy lackey suggests.

Maslab said...

I guess they kind of deserve it for saying they won after six months of sales, when they still claim that the console war is not over/

DivingRhino said...

The console ware will never be over.

I keep hearing Apple might hop into the gaming console game!

Maslab said...

What will they end up calling it. iGame?

Phillip said...

I would have to iScream

Maslab said...

iThink iWill bSick.