This firmware is aimed at making the HD DVD drive on the Xbox 360 better with compatibility. This is surprising because Microsoft officially disowned HD last month. The firmware will automatically download when a person starts watching an HD movie and has Xbox Live.
For the full story;
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/36839/167/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ok, nice summary ... but what do YOU think this means? Why did they do it?
Yes Blue-Ray won ... but Microsoft is stuck with a bunch of people with HD drives on their xbox's, as well as HD drives in inventory. Also ... the driver updates were probably well into final testing prior to blue-ray's final win ... so, why not release it and squeeze the last bit of revenue out of their (no obviously) poor choice of picking HD over blue-ray (good job PS3!)
In your news entries include your opinion ... what you think something means ... why you think something is ... how the news/knowledge could be used in industry ... how YOU could use the news.
In other words ... don't just show your comprehension by summarization ... I want to see evaluation of an article or subject from an article, synthesis of the information in the article with other information you have.
Ummm, PS3 didn't win the Blu-ray/HD-DVD war, Blu-ray won it. Blu-ray also happens to be much slower. Its so slow, in fact, that game developers resort to copying data on the disk to the hard drive, or copying data already on the disk to empty portions of the disk, so that the laser doesn't have to travel as far.
I think that MS should upgrade the drives on the 360 to support HD format, so that games can be made on HD disks for more data to be used on games.
I really don't care about the format war. I've never watch either definition, and regular movies I don't watch much and they look just fine on a 52".
Didn't say PS3 won it ... I was congratulating PS3 on picking the winning format, since their device will now be useful for a longer time than Microsoft's.
Of course since MS's drive is external, they're fine ... they'll just have to make an external blue-ray. (After, as I said, they get rid of their inventory of HDs)
The only HD I've ever seen is the output from my xBox games ...
This is true, and hopefully MS does decide to do that.
However, most people still don't watch HD movies or even play HD games.
I don't have the need to watch HD movies, as regular definition looks just fine to me on a 52 inch, so HD in my games is fine.
Post a Comment